FLEAS INFESTATION & REMOVAL
Fleas are probably most commonly associated with dogs and cats and other pets. However, fleas are more of a problem than just for pets. Fleas can be transmitted to humans quite easily and they bite, looking for a meal of blood. Flea bites cause itching and can make living uncomfortable, plus they are known to carry a variety of diseases. This is just one reason flea control is especially important.
What makes fleas so potentially dangerous is that they feed on blood. That means that if they bite an animal that is infected with a bloodborne disease, that can be transmitted to whomever or whatever else they bite. For example, fleas have been connected to the spread of bubonic plague.
A flea infestation is frustrating because once they get into your home they are very difficult to get rid of. So if you find fleas around your home, your first move should be to call in the professionals who know how to get rid of fleas effectively.
Tips to Keep Fleas at Bay
Here are a few tips you should follow to prevent fleas from becoming an itchy nuisance.
- Maintain a clean home. Practicing good housekeeping is key to avoiding an infestation.
- Vacuum carpets, floors and furniture frequently, and wash ben linens regularly.
- What about outside your home? Keep your lawn properly landscaped and that includes mowing it on a regular basis. Replace weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
Don’t forget your pets. You must check your pet’s coat thoroughly for fleas, especially after spending time outdoors. Always beware of excessive scratching and licking.
- Bathe pets after walks or playtime with other animals.
- Wash pet bedding, collars and plush toys frequently.
How do I get rid of fleas? A veterinarian can recommend the best methods and products for treating fleas on your pet. You will also require a professional pest technician to treat your home. Call us at (778) 903-7378 or contact us online to arrange a property inspection or discuss treatments today!
Get Rid of Fleas
If you discover fleas in your home, it’s important to contact a licensed pest professional to assist with flea control.