First off, the most unwanted roomie has got to be the rat, hands down. If you share your home with these pests, we can all agree on one thing: it’s time to evict!
These facts about rats are sure to ramp up your pest control game plan:
- Rats bite people when they’re sleeping. They also transfer diseases like Typhus and Meningitis through their saliva. A rat bite causes symptoms like fever, vomiting and joint pain. However, if the bite is left untreated it can be fatal.
- Rats can tread water for three days and survive being flushed down a toilet! Who knew? Even worse, they can return to the building they were ‘flushed’ from via the same route.
- Rats are famous for being able to chew through things such as soft concrete, wood, plastic, aluminum, and cinder blocks. Their love of chewing is due, in part, to the fact that their teeth never stop growing. In order to keep their teeth from becoming too long, rats must constantly gnaw to wear down their teeth.
- A female rat is a baby-making machine. She can mate around 500 times in a six-hour period. Brown rats can produce up to 2,000 offspring in a year. Who wants a roomie who is multiplying at a rapid fire pace?
- A group of rats is called a mischief. This name should be something more menacing. After all, a flock of crows is known as a murder. Also, male rats are bucks and females are referred to as does.
Are you a Rat?
If you were born in 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008 or 2020, then yes, you are a rat according to the Chinese zodiac. People born under the rat are traditionally thought to be cunning, witty, and prosperous.
Finally, let Pestcheck evict these awful tenants from your home. Call us on (778) 903-7378.
More resources or facts about rats: