Did you know in the 1950’s, bed bugs were eradicated from most developed countries through the use of the chemical DDT? However, the insecticide was banned in 1972 due to the adverse effects on human and environmental health. Since the ban, bed bugs have been reintroduced to Canada. For example, you can find bed bugs in homes, hotels, cruise ships, cinemas and other buildings. They hide in small, dark places such as clothing, luggage, furniture and mattresses. In short, their goal is to feed on human blood by puncturing your skin. So don’t let the bed bugs bite you.
Listed below is some good advice on keeping bed bugs out of your home.
Tips and Advice
- Booked a room? First, make sure you pull back the sheets and check the mattress. Bed bugs are most likely to be found around the box spring or headboard. Second, look under the seam and in all the dark places using the flashlight on your phone. Finally, if you find them, request to change rooms! Keep your suitcases zipped when not in use and prop them up on luggage racks, tables or even in the bathtub.
- When travelling on public transit or flying, launder the clothes you travelled in as soon as you get home.
- Buying second hand furniture or clothes? Use a flashlight to inspect the item. If infested, don’t buy it!
- Never bring discarded bed frames, mattresses, box springs, upholstered furniture or electronics into your home. These items may be infested with bed bugs.
- If you have bed bugs, do not move items in or out of infested rooms, including electronics, which can harbor pests.
- Finally, don’t host visitors while you are battling bedbugs.
It can be extremely stressful if you discover you have bed bugs at home or at your workplace. The best solution for your bed bug problem is to give us a call and let us take care of your infestation. We want you to sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite every again! Remember; we look after your home like it’s our own.
If you’re tired of dealing with pests and want to ensure your home is protected, it’s time to take action. Our expert team provides top-notch pest control services in various locations to give you peace of mind. Whether you’re in West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby & New West, Coquitlam & Tri-Cities, or Richmond, we’ve got you covered. Don’t let pests ruin your day; click on your city to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment today. Let us help you reclaim your home and enjoy a pest-free environment!