Have you been hearing scratching noises inside the walls of your home at night? Does it sound like something could be gnawing on the walls? You could have a rats or mice living in your house!
Tell Tail Signs
- Holes in the wall – Rats and mice can get through the smallest holes imaginable. Check to see if your plumbing lines have holes in the walls under your sink in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room.
- Rodent droppings – Mouse droppings are best described as small, pellet-shaped and dark brown in color with pointed ends. They are typically small, about ¼-inch in length. However, rat droppings are similar in shape but larger, typically ½-inch to ¾-inch in length with blunt ends.
- Chew marks – Rodents have two front teeth that never stop growing. To keep them short they have to constantly chew. Look for gnaw marks on corners of walls, furniture, books, boxes and even clothing.
- Nests – Their nests are generally found in low traffic areas but also near sources of food. This is often inside walls, in attics or basements and under or behind kitchen appliances such as the refrigerator or stove. Nests are usually made of easily shredded materials such as cardboard, newspapers or magazines.
- Rub marks – Rodents are creatures of habit. They almost always travel the same paths to a food source and back to their nest. After some time, these runways become worn down and visible. Look for runways on the ground along walls.
If you think that you have a rodent infestation, call Pestcheck today. Don’t let the noises keep you up at night anymore and get rid of rats in your walls!